FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewing timecode from .MTS file

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephanie Precourt
Viewing timecode from .MTS file
on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:04:43 pm

I have a Panasonic HMC150 which records in .MTS file format. I need to be able to see true timecode for editing purposes and cannot find a program that can read it. VLC doesn't show timecode, the AVCCAM software that came with the camera doesn't seem to show true timecode either. Is this a setting on the camera I'm missing or does anyone know of a program that can read .MTS timecode?

Steph

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Viewing timecode from .MTS file
on Apr 16, 2011 at 4:17:04 am

Are you shooting in rec run or free run timecode- that would determine what happens to the TC.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 16, 2011 at 9:39:13 am

[Stephanie Precourt] "I have a Panasonic HMC150 which records in .MTS file format. I need to be able to see true timecode for editing purposes and cannot find a program that can read it. VLC doesn't show timecode, the AVCCAM software that came with the camera doesn't seem to show true timecode either. Is this a setting on the camera I'm missing or does anyone know of a program that can read .MTS timecode?"
All those new ACHD formats do not use a traditional TC channel. TC comes is wrote on the metadata so players can not access it on the .MTS.
You need to go through L&T to get the TC on converting.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Colin Browell
on May 14, 2011 at 2:26:19 pm

"DVMP Pro" can display the camera-created timecode for the HMC150 and other AVCHD cameras which record timecode into the MTS files. But it might be cumbersome to switch between a NLE and DVMP Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]