FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggested Lenses for AF-100?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Burleson
Suggested Lenses for AF-100?
on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:06:01 pm

What is your favorite lens or lenses for the AF-100? What are you using?

How is the Olympus Zuiko 14-150 or the lumix 45-200mm?

or maybe a Nikkor Zoom lens - 18 mm - 200 mm - F/3.5-5.6 - Nikon F

I really don't see us having the money to go with expensive Prime lenses so I am looking for a cheaper option. Always trying to get the most bang for the buck.
Thanks for your suggestions and recommendations.

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Suggested Lenses for AF-100?
on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:14:01 pm

I'm currently shooting with a GH-2, and plan on buying an AF-100 later this summer. Here's my current lens strategy:

HAND-HELD / DAYLIGHT SHOOTING

Panasonic 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6
Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6

NOTE: I owned the Panasonic 14-140mm f/4.0-5.6 for a few months, but sold it because I found it to be awkward and large to shoot with, so I replaced it with the 14-45mm and 45-200mm.

TRIPOD / STABILIZED SHALLOW DOF / LOW-LIGHT SHOOTING

Voightlander 25mm f/0.95
Carl Zeiss 50mm f/1.40 Nikon Mount with adapter

LENSES I PLAN TO ADD

Panasonic 7-14mm f/4.0 ( waiting for OIS version to come out )
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 ( unless something better comes from Panasonic or Olympus )
Carl Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Nikon Mount with adapter

NOTE: I hope that some company comes out with a 12mm f/2.0 or faster lens this year.

LOW COST LENSES

If you are trying to buy lenses on a limited budget, I would start with the Panasonic 14-45mm and Panasonic 45-200mm lenses. These are sharp low cost lenses with built-in image stabilization.

You also might look at buying the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 zoom with a Nikon mount ( not the VC version, as the image-stabilzation won't work with the AF-100 ), which is a low cost sharp and fairly fast zoom lens. You will need to buy a Nikon ---> Micro 4/3 adapter that has aperture control to use this lens.

Return to posts index

Erik Naso
on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:49:29 pm

I hear good things with the Olympus Zuiko line of lenses. They are pricey. The great thing about the AF-100 is it can use so many different lenses and the bad thing is it can use so many different lenses. If you have any older manual Nikon/Canon/Zeiss glass that would be a great start. Wide is tougher than standard and telephoto with the crop factor so a standard 50mm is more like 100mm. I would get fast lenses as well. Much better for low light and Shallow DOF.

http://www.mediaartproductions.com
My Vimeo Page http://vimeo.com/user626030

Return to posts index

Matt Gottshalk
on Apr 17, 2011 at 6:39:31 pm

I have a full set of Nikon mount Zeiss primes for mine, but usually roll out with My Tokina 20-70mm F/2.6-2.8 and the Nikon 50-135mm F=f/3.5.

If I need anything wider I put on the Lumix 7-14mm

This is what the Tokina looks like in a recent interview.

McGee Digital Media Inc.
24P HD Production and Post
http://www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on Apr 29, 2011 at 3:13:23 pm

We've got a full set of Red primes and the 18-85 zoom that looks like a potato cannon when its mounted. Awesome lenses, aint cheap but man do they look good. Just shot 2 cam shoot with the red zoom on the A cam and the lumix zoom on the B cam (both AF100's) and had a hard time balancing exposure for both as the red zoom is a 2.8 and the lumix is a 5.6+ when zoomed in. I think we ended up running the A can with red at ISO200 and the B cam with the lumix at ISO400 and it seemed to look OK on the production monitor. Ingesting the ftg now.

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]