FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixing DVX and HVX footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Hawco
Mixing DVX and HVX footage
on Mar 17, 2011 at 3:09:11 am

I currently shoot with a DVX but i'm planning on buying a HVX/HPX for shooting second angles. What are my options for mixing the SD and HD footage in FCP if I want to have a HD final output? Should I shoot letterbox on the DVX, should i shoot 4:3 on the DVX and crop or convert/uprez to HD...

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Mixing DVX and HVX footage
on Mar 17, 2011 at 4:30:25 am

The SD footage will look low resolution in an HD timeline, especially when played in HD.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jared Hawco
on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:38:35 pm

I'm aware that the SD footage won't look great in an HD timeline, but i'm only filming skate videos. I just don't have the money to shell out on an HD xtreme fisheye yet, so i'm keeping my DVX for fisheye shots.

I was planning on mixing DVX 30p footage with HVX 720 60p footage in a 30p HD timeline. If you were in this situation would you shoot letterbox with the DVX or would you convert the SD in post?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 20, 2011 at 5:17:15 am

I'd shoot squeeze- assuming you have a DVX100A or B.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]