FORUMS: list search recent posts

image quality and color balance a HMC-150 w/ Canon 5D MkII

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Nichols
image quality and color balance a HMC-150 w/ Canon 5D MkII
on Mar 16, 2011 at 2:51:38 pm

My client is a still photographer and owns a 5DMkII for his print/online magazine photography. He recently purchased a HMC150 to shoot video with (his former partner used a P2 camera). We need to get these looking similar, mostly with color balancing but even image quality. I realize the data rate is different, along with the glass, but wondering if anyone has tips to balance these more closely. I am trying to avoid using FCP to do major color corrections. I have had trouble with the HMC150 getting a proper white balance, which doesn't help matters.

I am an editor who occasionally shoots, but my thought was to hook both up to a monitor I trusted w/ powered HDMI splitter and toggle between the 2 cameras. Any other suggestions??? Am I wasting my time?? I would rather shoot with 2 5D's but that is not possible right now.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: image quality and color balance a HMC-150 w/ Canon 5D MkII
on Mar 16, 2011 at 4:01:10 pm

Monitor with a waveform/vectorscope and a color chip chart and save the closest settings you can get on each camera would be a starting point... Not an impossible task if done with care. Wouldn't want to do it in the middle of a production day though, at least not initially. And don't forget on a certain level you'll never get them to match perfectly.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]