FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF100 files not showing up in FCP7

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Rossato-Bennett
AF100 files not showing up in FCP7
on Feb 25, 2011 at 11:51:54 pm

Help!

I copied my SD card from my new af100 (and I have wiped the card) When I go into FCP 7 log and transfer and select Private I get the following error message no matter where I try to open-

PRIVATE" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

but i have all three files, dcim, misc, & private

I can not find video in the file although I have the 16gig of data there. I am not used to avchd! Streamclip can not find anything either!!!

The card has been wiped! Anyone know what am I doing wrong? I am getting the same error I get with my 7d if the MISC file was missing,-

Again, HELP!

Michael Rossato-Bennett
Director
Ximotion Media
ximotion.x@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: AF100 files not showing up in FCP7
on Feb 26, 2011 at 2:59:01 am

- Put these tree folders inside a new folder.
- Open L&T in FC.
- Click on the button In the middle of the top of the window to get the "Add custom path" option.
- Select the folder where you put the other three folders.
That should works.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Rossato-Bennett
on Feb 26, 2011 at 5:19:00 am

Raphael,

Thanks, but no go-

I did as you instructed-

Made new folder
put the three folders in it
went to 'add custom path'

No luck- got the error-

"AF100" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

Now here is the twist, I opened the .mts files with a program called-ClipWrap 2.2 (demo) and my files are there.

I just tried to L&T again, this time moving the PRIVATE folder only, like panasonic says to do- they say only copy the PRIVATE folder to back up the AF100 files.. and no luck, the same error.

If I purchase ClipWrap I will be able to use the footage, but I have FCP 7 it seems to work for everyone else- I am sure it would work if I did it from the card. There is probably a way to use the camera to help!!!!

Michael Rossato-Bennett
Director
Ximotion Media
ximotion.x@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 26, 2011 at 5:37:50 am

Hi Michael,
So something got screwed on the file/folders structure. Nothing to do to repair that as far as I know (with the XDCAM stuff some times is possible to rebuild that).

[Michael Rossato-Bennett] "Now here is the twist, I opened the .mts files with a program called-ClipWrap 2.2 (demo) and my files are there.

I just tried to L&T again, this time moving the PRIVATE folder only, like panasonic says to do- they say only copy the PRIVATE folder to back up the AF100 files.. and no luck, the same error.

If I purchase ClipWrap I will be able to use the footage, but I have FCP 7 it seems to work for everyone else- I am sure it would work if I did it from the card."

Before purchasing ClipWrap, give a try to MPGStreamclip (free).

ClipWrap has a great function that is the "Re-wrapping": The files are packed as QT files (no rendering), so they can be brought directly to the FC time-line, but this doesn't works for all the different cameras.
So if you can not "re-wrap" you can only convert your footage to other format.
Probably you can do this on MPGStreamclip without spending any money. Probably you will need install together "Perian" (free) to make MPGStreamclip works.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Rossato-Bennett
on Feb 26, 2011 at 5:55:32 am

I tried Streamclip, it will not work either! it does not find anything to open...

What file am i supposed to try and open in the files? I try to open the .mts files under stream it says it is not a video file...?

M

Michael Rossato-Bennett
Director
Ximotion Media
ximotion.x@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Feb 26, 2011 at 12:04:00 pm

Hi,

Go to http://www.panasonic.com/AVCCAM. Scroll down to the botoom of the page. There is a white paper there that gives step by step instructions for ingesting and working with your footage.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Eric Peterson
on Feb 26, 2011 at 10:37:15 pm

Are the words like this, PRIVATE or this, private. The words need to be in all caps for FCP to recognize the folder.

Return to posts index

Michael Rossato-Bennett
on Feb 27, 2011 at 4:54:40 am

All CAPS!!! still a mystery my friends!

Michael Rossato-Bennett
Director
Ximotion Media
ximotion.x@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Seth Marshall
on May 21, 2011 at 5:33:41 pm

might not help in your situation but could help someone in a panic attack like I just had when this just happened to me.

turns out my operator accidentally switched slots so when i pulled card one it was empty. I never checked to see if there were mts files on the card, I just assumed there was. The card mounted but wouldn't show up on log and transfer so I started freaking out. But it was empty.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]