FORUMS: list search recent posts

Affordable Zoom Lens Suggestions AF 100

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Thomas
Affordable Zoom Lens Suggestions AF 100
on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:54:28 pm

Decided to buy the AF100. I'm looking only for fast affordable zoom len suggestions. I would prefer to use my Canon EOS lens. Is there an adapter available that would allow the use of these lens? If I go with a PL mount what is a good used lens to look for? Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Affordable Zoom Lens Suggestions AF 100
on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:51:39 am

Rent before buying.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Mike Thomas
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:42:35 pm

Can't rent without getting some lens suggestions first Steve.

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:36:57 pm

The Kipon EF Lens adapter is considered to be the best Micro 4/3 EF adapter right now:

Kipon EF Lens Adapter : $130 on EBay

None of the adapters work with Canon AF or IS, but the Kipon will allow you to adjust exposure via it's own iris.

Later this Spring the Birger EF Lens adapter should be out. The Birger adapter enables both AF and IS if the Canon lens has it, along with remote wireless focus-pulling. It's a big adapter and is expected to be priced starting around $700 US.

As to which PL lens to rent, I would bring your camera to the rental place and try them out on the spot. This will give you immediate feedback on what the lens can do, and what kind of shape it's in.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Feb 27, 2011 at 2:58:29 pm

I'd either get a good mechanical photographic zoom on Ebay and use a cheap adapter or get the 14-140mm Panasonic, which is not fast, but gives you all the options.

If you can spend serious money for serious glass, getting a PL adapter and buying (or renting) cinema lenses is the way to go. Take care to use a lens support, though, for anything above 1 kg (a bit more than two pounds).

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Dan Davis
on Mar 16, 2011 at 9:18:46 pm

Mike check out this site
http://www.birger.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]