FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC-155 and Macbook Air

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nanako Kurihara
HMC-155 and Macbook Air
on Feb 15, 2011 at 5:41:06 am

Hi Noah,
Last summer you answered my question and bought HMC-155. I'm going to shoot documentary with it on location.

Question 1
I am thinking of buying a Macbook air so that I can copy the footage from SD card to portable Hard Disk like La Cie 1TB rugged triple interface and edit on my iMac at home.

What do you say? I am reluctant to get Macbook Pro since it is heavy for a one person crew to travel abroad with camera, tripod, and so forth. I would edit on FCP. Does Macbook Air make sense in this case?

Question 2
After I edit the video on my iMac, can I use Macbook air to show one hour HD video, plugging it to a projector with a VGA adaptor? I am having trouble showing to people what I edited. If I can do it, how can I?

Thank you in advance.

Best, Nanako

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC-155 and Macbook Air
on Feb 15, 2011 at 6:44:24 am

Sure- go for the MacBook Air- that's what I use. You'd need a mini displayport to VGA- or better DVI but yes you could use it to drive a projector.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Nanako Kurihara
on Feb 15, 2011 at 12:50:23 pm

Thank you, Noah! I will go for it.

Nanako

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Feb 15, 2011 at 10:39:05 pm

You can even edit with it. So much power for it's weight…

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]