FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uploading meta data file to camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Godin
Uploading meta data file to camera
on Feb 14, 2011 at 8:40:18 pm

Can't seem to find out which folder in the SD card I save a meta data file created in AVCCAM Viewer so that it can be read by the AF100. Tried several spots without success.

Tried top level, in the MISC folder, in the Private and under the AVCHD. Online docs tell all about creating meta data, what it does, but not where to save it on the card.

thanks, rg

You never get hurt in the air!

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
Re: Uploading meta data file to camera
on Feb 14, 2011 at 9:33:01 pm

found my own answer in a forum:

1) If your card doesn't already have this directory, create it:

2) Open a new text file and paste this in:

MetaName=Test Meta Name
UserClipName=Test Clip Name
Creator=Test Creator
LastUpdatePerson=Test Updater
Shooter=Test Shooter
PlaceName=Test Location
ProgramName=Test Program Name
Reporter=Test Reporter
Purpose=Test Purpose
Object=Test Object
Person=Test Memo Creator
Text=Test Text Memo

3) Edit the contents as needed. You only need to keep the lines that you need. Above is a file that came from the editor with every field filled out. You might even be able to put your own in there. I usually only use these:

4) Save file with a name of MTDT00.P2 through MTDT09.P2 (10 possibilities) in the directory mentioned in step 1.

5) Load on camera. Try to remember which one you need since it only lists them by filename. You have to load them one by one and then view the info just to see which is which on camera.

You never get hurt in the air!

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
on Feb 15, 2011 at 8:46:04 pm

You can do this much easier with P2CMS, which is a free download from Panasonic.

Just use the Metadata Upload feature, and save to the SD card. P2CMS will create the directory structure for you, and populate the data.

Art Aldrich

Return to posts index

Chris Loughlin
on Mar 17, 2011 at 1:59:48 pm

Rick - Thanks for that useful info. Some of it worked for me - Programme Name, Reporter, Purpose and Memo - all show up fine. One or two fields (Creator / Shooter / Placename )bizarrely remain blank.

And the shorter version with just a few fields, doesn't seem to work with at all with my camera. The AF101 reports it as incompatible - so it seems to need the whole lot. Maybe you have a different firmware revision Rick? Was this done on 1.15?

And sadly Art - none of the Panasonic software seems to support 64bit Windows 7. I've just tried the AVCcam viewer which (according to Barry Green) enables metadata management - but the installer complains that it won't work on my OS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved