FORUMS: list search recent posts

F-100 Zoom control

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Hernandez
F-100 Zoom control
on Jan 29, 2011 at 9:31:10 pm

Can you use a zoom controler like the Varizoom with the AF100 and a Panasonic H-0VS140140 lens? (or any other lens for that matter)

J

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: F-100 Zoom control
on Jan 30, 2011 at 3:59:48 am

It's got LANC I believe so if you have a LANC compatible lens- I don't see why not. Otherwise remote follow focus...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Javier Hernandez
on Jan 30, 2011 at 5:38:08 pm

Thanks Noah, I saw the connector in the pictures and the brochure has a chart of compatible Panasonic lenses with the feature, but I have read in reviews that the camera does iris and focus but cannot control zoom. I was hoping an owner can verify this. I'm interested on buying one and I am in Puerto Rico, no where to see one without getting on a plane!

J

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Feb 1, 2011 at 7:04:41 pm

Hi,

There is no built in zoom control for the AF100. The only way to put a motorized zoom onto this camera is to do it as if it were a film camera and use a Micro-Force Zoom Controller. There are PL lenses that are Zooms but they are fairly expensive. None of the Lumix lenses are what we would call zooms, as they are really Variable Focal Length lenses. They do not hold focus during a zoom.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Javier Hernandez
on Feb 2, 2011 at 12:31:47 am

Indeed!

thanks

Javier