FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic DVX100a VCR Problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jean Schwartz
Panasonic DVX100a VCR Problem
on Jan 28, 2011 at 1:38:49 am

I'm having trouble with my DVX100a, when I try to play a tape in VCR mode an asterisk appears between "TC" and the actual timecode (ex. TC*00:41:24:17, which I'm guessing is to indicate a timecode break) for just a second, then the asterisk disappears and the timecode runs but I don't get any sound or video, just blue screen. I've tried several tapes and get the same thing, same with fast forwarding or rewinding to different parts of the tapes. When I tried to import into FCP Log&Capture, it gave me an error saying that there was no video.

It was capturing fine last week, but I'm trying to do capturing for a documentary I shot and I need the camera to cooperate. I bought the camera used and so I don't have the manual and don't know all the settings. Help please!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic DVX100a VCR Problem
on Jan 28, 2011 at 3:58:12 pm

Run a dry head cleaner. If that doesn't work- send in the camera for repair.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jean Schwartz
on Jan 28, 2011 at 8:49:52 pm

Thank you, that fixed it!

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:53:10 pm

Make sure to also check your tapes. Open the flap and make sure the tape doesnt have wrinkles, waves, or tears. Usually near the end of the tape is where you will want to check the tape physically. Dirty and damages tapes can effect the drum and of course dirty the heads. A tape cleaner is fine, it will get the surface and work a bit longer, but professional service every couple hundred hours is the way to go because full adjustments can be made to the unit as well.

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]