FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF100 Just arrived

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Cummings
AF100 Just arrived
on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:48:34 pm

Fed ex just dropped off a new AF100 for New Years. Overall i am really impressed with the build quality and features it is impressive for such an inexpensive camera. The viewfinder is really sharp as is the LCD a HUGE improvement over my last Panny an HVX200. I will be out shooting in the morning and i will post more thoughts then. The only thing is i only got vol.1 of the owners guide in print in English and Spanish no vol 2. Luckily i had downloaded the pdf versions 2 days ago. Kind of weird that the box did not have both versions. I purchased the AF100 from Abel Cine Tech NY and i must say they did a great job taking care of me so much so i just ordered the Af100's second cousin the GH2 which should show up in 2-3 weeks. The gh2 is just as hard to find as an AF100. I ordered my Af100 back in September. So far i think it was worth the wait. Now my new AJA KiPro mini will have a nice home when it finally ships. Happy New Year Stuart Cummings

Return to posts index

David Speace
Re: AF100 Just arrived
on Jan 3, 2011 at 8:13:29 pm

Did the AF100 you purchased come with a lens? If not, do you know what lens they are offering?

Dave Speace
Producer/Director/DP
DZP Video

Windows 7, 64 Bit, i7 8 Core, 16Gb Ram, GeForce 4800

Return to posts index

Stuart Cummings
on Jan 3, 2011 at 10:03:41 pm

Hi Dave,
As far as i know Panasonic is not selling any lens with the camera but many dealers are offering lens and accessory packages. Along with Ki Pro mini's and or nano flashes as well. Stuart

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Jan 6, 2011 at 3:46:40 pm

Hi Stuart,

Volume 2 of the Manual is on the CD that is in the box. Also look for the coupon that you can send in for a copy of Barry Green's AF100 book. This is an offer exclusive to US product only.

Best regards,

Jan

Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Stuart Cummings
on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:21:55 pm

Thanks Jan, I already had the pdf so i did print it out. Any chance of getting a copy of the small version of volume 2 the print out is on 8.5x11 paper and does not travel so well. And yes i did send out the card for the new book thanks Panasonic! And i love the new camera you and all the team at Panasonic have done a great job at a good price point with this camera and i could not be happier. We are starting the build on several underwater housings and i will share some cool U/W footage by early Feb. Thanks again Stuart

Return to posts index

on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:52:48 pm

Hi,

I do not believe the factory printed Volume 2, only 1 and put 2 on the CD.

Best,

Jan

Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Richard Marsh
on Feb 2, 2011 at 12:51:57 am

Jan

I'll be purchasing an AF100 at the end of the week. I considered buying a Nano Flash, but decided to wait, as the native footage seems to be good enough for my corporate work. My biggest dilemma is deciding which Micro 4/3 lens to buy. I don't like the PL mount lenses because they're not designed for the smaller 4/3 sensor. (i.e. 50mm lenses become 100mm, etc) That being said, what lens(es) do you recommend? Abel Cine Tech has the AF100 packaged with two Olympus zooms (14-35mm and 35-100mm). That's probably the way I'll go, but would love to hear you thoughts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]