FORUMS: list search recent posts

Got my hands on an AF100 for a week

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Kadner
Got my hands on an AF100 for a week
on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:06:09 am

Haven't had a ton of time to play with it yet but I love what I've seen so far. Reminds me a lot of handling an ARRI SR2 or CP16- old skool film school days. If you like to experiment with lots of different lenses and achieve amazing looking stuff this is a camera right up your alley. And none of the challenging ergonomics of shooting video with DSLR camera. Panasonic is going to sell a ton of these methinks.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Got my hands on an AF100 for a week
on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:41:21 pm

Sweet! I know I want one. I just got my GH2 w/14-400mm lens on Friday. The cool thing is that everything (lenses, memory cards) I get for this camera will work for the AF100 too.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
on Dec 15, 2010 at 1:45:33 am

Noah,

I just got a call from my dealer telling me our two will deliver the week of the 27th.

Could you check something for me in the Film Cam menu section?

When in Cine D or V gamma, does the menu allow adjustment of the knee, ie; high, mid, low setting? Or is it grayed out like the HVX200A/HPX170?

With detail level at minimum setting, is it off or just lower?

Also, how is noise level at lower ISO's, and if you see noise, is it luma or chroma noise, predominantly?

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 15, 2010 at 3:06:16 am

Don't have the cam in front of me right this second but I can say the noise you see at higher ISO is more chroma than luma. It's not that objectionable until above 1000 ISO.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]