Things I learned at an AF100 event last week

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
Things I learned at an AF100 event last week
on Dec 11, 2010 at 10:09:59 pm

Perhaps this is old news, but some of it was new to me, so here goes:

Camera was 95% complete.

Over/Undercranking in 1080 only (not 720). Essentially, you will be able to use 1080 like 720 VFRs operate now in other Panasonic cameras. Over/Under cranking based on 1080p60 (but you won't get 1080p60 out of the SDI) so this functionality will only be available to shooting on the SD cards in AVCHD. You can monitor while shooting off speed out of the SDI, but it will be 1080i at that point and it will also have dropped frames when over/undercranking OUT OF THE SDI ONLY. The video recorded on the SD cards will be perfect slow/fast motion.

In 720p, user-bits will be available out of the SDI out, for external recorders that understand it.

You can send ltc in to the camera via the composite video port. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Finally a tc in!

Unfortunately, (and one of my only gripes) SDI out is 8-bit only. :( I guess at under 5 grand you can't have it all.

Saw the camera with Zeiss CP and CP2 lenses and it looked very very nice. If you are on the fence about this whole video in a still camera "revolution" and don't own anything yet, I highly suggest looking at this camera. It's a real video camera with real video needs, in a cinema style and buying the body of the camera won't break the bank.

First round of shipments "should leave the factory by December 27th". As to how many cameras are in the first shipment, mum's the word.

It was nice to be able to see the camera, hold it and see some live images. Panasonic has done a nice job yet again at a very affordable price.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Things I learned at an AF100 event last week
on Dec 11, 2010 at 11:24:47 pm

Jeremy do you know if the HDSDI or HDMI out will be 23.976 or over 60i?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 12, 2010 at 12:06:24 am

Not sure about HDMI, but hdsdi will have 1080psf23.98.

Yes!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 14, 2010 at 1:58:45 am

GREAT, as long are one has the 23.98. I think this is a going to be a great documentary camera. (among other usage)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]