FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video files Mysteriously Disappearing from FTP site and Flash Drive

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oriana Syed
Video files Mysteriously Disappearing from FTP site and Flash Drive
on Dec 1, 2010 at 2:17:34 pm

Hey Creative Cow Community! I'm hoping you can help me out. I shot some footage on my Panasonic HMC-150 and imported the clips directly from the SD card into Final Cut Pro. I didn't copy the folder of raw clips from the SD card onto my desktop and my boyfriend unknowingly formatted my SD card which basically deletes everything on it. I was very close to having a melt-down, but when I saw the files in Final Cut seemed to be in tact and nothing went offline, I was relieved. So I finished editing the clips and exported them in best resolution because I needed to send them to my friends in LA who are working on a web series. The files (around 3-4 GB each) took about 2 days to upload onto their FTP server, but last night when my friend went to download them he could't see them. They had vanished! This also seemed to happen when I put the videos onto a flash drive. They'd stay on and even play other computers, but then disappear off the flash drive. I'm really worried that it's because I didn't copy the raw clips folder onto my desktop and this is the outcome. I can't understand why it should play fine but disappear? Does anyone know what's going on?? Have I basically lost my footage?

Please help! :(

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Video files Mysteriously Disappearing from FTP site and Flash Drive
on Dec 2, 2010 at 2:50:05 am

No clue- but I imagine something with how you are making your videos- i.e. you might be making a reference quicktime instead of an actual movie. At any rate- this is not really a camera question but an editing/OS question. I'd try a different forum on the Cow for this issue.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]