FORUMS: list search recent posts

power cable supplier for discontinued DV camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
power cable supplier for discontinued DV camera
on Nov 29, 2010 at 9:51:39 pm

I would like to use an old Panasonic PV-DV203D to feed a monitor with a live shot. The only output on the camera for live analog video is right where the battery slides in, so I need to use the power cable that runs from the AC adapter to the camera -- which didn't come with the camera when I bought it (used) many years ago.

I've been searching the Internet for a replacement cable but I haven't been able to find one. There are a lot of kits that include cables from the AC outlet to the battery charger, but not from the charger (adapter) to the camera. (I have unsuccessfully tried a multi-tap AC kit from Radio Shack.)

Is there a supplier that I don't know about? I've searched high and low.

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: power cable supplier for discontinued DV camera
on Nov 29, 2010 at 11:30:31 pm

I'd take it to an electronics store and try some out- they don't change these things much over the years. If you match the voltage and the adapter plug you'll be fine.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: power cable supplier for discontinued DV camera
on Dec 26, 2010 at 4:12:57 am

[Noah Kadner] "I'd take it to an electronics store and try some out"

You were correct. At first the clerk told me she couldn't help me so I told her Noah said she could, and she did.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]