FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shallow depth of field adapter for an HMC150

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Shallow depth of field adapter for an HMC150
on Nov 20, 2010 at 3:57:52 pm

So, I'm really happy with my HMC-150. I bought it in May, and it's been the perfect camera for me.

I've saved up some money, and I'm thinking of taking the plunge on an adapted that can help me get a shallow depth of field. I do a lot of interview, and I think having the capacity will be very useful. A few question?

1 - Which brands are recommended? Looking around online, it seems like the Redrock Micro or the Letus Extreme are my best bets. Am I missing something?

2 - How does it affect the weight and size of the camera? I've looked online for pictures of an HMC-150 with an adapter on it but have found nothing. I'm wondering if it'll make my camera that much heftier.

3 - Most importantly, even if you get a lens adapter, to make it work, you also need to get another lens? Am I totally wrong on this? Will a lens adapter coupled with the lens my camera came with be sufficient? If no, any recs?

I realize some of these questions might have been answered already. I actually spent time checking the threads. But there doesn't seem like a lot, and there might be a new product or two to boot.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Shallow depth of field adapter for an HMC150
on Nov 21, 2010 at 11:31:08 pm

I'd get a Canon 60D instead- cheaper, less mechanically complex and arguably better image quality. Then you'll also have 2 cameras.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:02:34 pm

Noah, thing is, with DSLR's, don't you only get to shoot a few minutes continuously? If I wanted it for an interview, I worry it wouldn't be any good.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 26, 2010 at 6:57:34 pm

Depends on the DSLR- most can go at least 10 minutes per take. And I'm not suggesting you use it exclusively but rather as a b-roll camera.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on Nov 26, 2010 at 10:10:05 pm

I am pretty sure that the new Panasonic GH-2 DSLR does not have any time limit to the length of video take, as long as your memory card still has room.

The GH-2 should be in stores by the end of the year ( or sooner ), and early reviews indicate that it just might be the best DSLR camera for video work. ( Yes, better image quality than the Canon cameras. I own a Canon 60D, and may end up switching to the GH-2 in 2011. )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]