FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Code Issue

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Marshall
Time Code Issue
on Oct 16, 2010 at 1:41:44 pm

I posted this under the Final Cut Pro forum but I think this may be the better place for it:

I am using Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 off a new MacBookPro. On a previous system, I had a project started, including load list, a sequence with a timeline. I THOUGHT I had everything loaded onto a Lacie 1.0TB EHD. As it turned out, the project was there but the media was somewhere else and has since been lost. So now, I want to re-load the media from that load list and continue where I left off.

I am using a Panasonic DVX100 as my source deck. (For what it's worth, it is the camera I used to shoot the material.) I have the system configured as such:

DVX100 (firewire 400 mini/firewire 400 cable) to Lacie EHD (Firewire 800) to MacBookPro

The set up seems to be functional because the computer can read and control the deck. Now, here comes the issue:

I tried to re-digitize the load list. My tapes are organized where tape 1 is 1 hour time code, 2, etc...When I batch capture, the camera activates and it looks like it is searching for it's pre-roll time code. Then, as it gets close and stops for a second, this mysterious 6-hour time code appears, 6:31:15:20. That confuses FCP which says it cannot find the time code. Even if I am on tape 2 with 2 hour time code. I put in another tape, say tape 3, same thing, 6:31:15:20.

To answer the first question, no, I am not on UBit setting. For some reason, this camera has that 6:31:15:20 number in it's head. I can't think of any other problem aside from there is something wrong with the camera itself. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Time Code Issue
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:31:06 pm

Try another DV deck. These can be rented for $100 or less for the week in any major city.

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved