FORUMS: list search recent posts

Record with DV100B in 24P (F5) Workflow with FCP6

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Manuel Lopez
Record with DV100B in 24P (F5) Workflow with FCP6
on Sep 29, 2010 at 4:57:18 am

I recorded an event with two DVX100B cameras in F5 function 24P. Now I am going to edit footage and then deliver final work in DVD format. I have the audio of recorded event directly from the audio mixing console to one of the cameras. Also I have copy of audio recorded in audio CD. Each camera took the whole event in one continuos shot.

This is what I plan to do.
1. Create a new project and configure it with Easy Set Up DV NTSC 24P (23.98) in FCP6. This settting will capture footage in 29.97 fps.
2. Log and capture each tape in FCP.
3. Open each captured file in Cinema Tools. Apply Reverse Telecine to each clip and save each file in 23.98 format. (How I identify A frame? I read that to identify it, you have to stand on the first interlace frame and go back two frames. This is an A frame. This is correct? Can I do this in any part of the file or has to be at the beggining of the file?. I have 15secondds with bars so I cannot see the inerlace frame)
4. Import these new captured files in 23.98 fps format to FCP
5. Edit these files in a 23.98fps sequence.
6.Export edited sequence to Compressor and create files for DVD (MPEG2 file and Dolby Digital Professional 2.0)
7. Create a DVD menu and Image in DVD Studio.
8. Burn copies of the image in Toast Platinum.

Is this workflow correct? I understand that I will create a native 24PDVD. Does this DVD plays in any DVD at regular 60i or only in progressive DVD players, or in both?

Should I have to set any special parameter in any of these steps?

Do I need to alter CD audio to sync with footage in 24P (alter file speeed?) I ussually import CD to iTunes and import file to FCP.

I appreciate your adivce.

Regards,

Manuel Lopez

Manuel Lopez

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Record with DV100B in 24P (F5) Workflow with FCP6
on Sep 30, 2010 at 3:36:03 am

That should work in theory- try it.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Manuel Lopez
on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:33:57 am

Thanks Noah. I have your DVD 24P Digital Post Production. Its great. I took some of the ideas from it.

Question. For footage took in 24P (F5) that I want to apply Reverse Telecine in Cinema Tools, I have to stand on the first of two interlace frames in sequence and go back two frames. That should be an A frame. My footage has 15 seconds at the begging of the tape. I cant identify a interlace frame there. Can I do te excercise of identify in any part of the footage or has to be strictly at the beggining of the tape?

I am not clear in this point.

Manuel Lopez

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 30, 2010 at 9:41:00 am

can be anywhere in the clip usually.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Manuel Lopez
on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:58:15 pm

Thanks Noah.

Manuel Lopez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]