FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 Channel 1 Audio low

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Garrett
HMC150 Channel 1 Audio low
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:03:09 am

Hello,

On my HMC150 Channel 1 and 2 were working fine until tonight. I was running XLR into Input 2 and running the Left and Right channels on Input 2. While channel 2 would register normally, Channel 1 would be extremely low to no volume (even with the volume knob cranked to full). Phantom power is running on Input 2. If I get right up to the mic and talk or yell into it Channel 1 will register but this is with the volume maxed and Channel 2 volume at about 30-50% to prevent overpowering it.

Basically it feels like Channel 1 has suddenly lost gain. In the menu they are both set at -50db. Both inputs are set to Mic. Also If I run the XLR into Input 1 it is the same thing on channel 1 as when I run it into Input 2.

I should also note that in the middle of an interview Channel 1 died again and if I turned phantom off and on again it would kick on for a few more minutes or if I turned the camera off and on again on top of that it would also kick on for a few more minutes. Then suddenly it stopped kicking on to normal levels after that.

I then removed the XLR entirely after turning off the phantom power and tried to use just the (L) and (R) on board mic. The same thing occurred, the (R) channel was working great and the (L) was non existent unless I yelled or tapped the mic. FYI I have taken great care of this camera and it does not have a scratch on it.

Am I left with having to repair it or is there something I could try aside from turning the camera on and off again and removing / replacing the battery? Would updating the firmware help? If I do have to repair it what is my next step? I have a 3 year warranty on the camera, but I don't know if it's worth paying the shipping to get it there and have it sit at panasonic HQ for 5 months while I can't do any work.

Any input is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: HMC150 Channel 1 Audio low
on Aug 12, 2010 at 2:11:33 pm

Do you have the LINE/MIC switches on the front of your HMC-150 set the same?

Having one channel set to MIC with the other channel set to LINE would create a scenario just like the one you described.

Return to posts index

Jeff Garrett
Re: HMC150 Channel 1 Audio low
on Aug 12, 2010 at 7:27:56 pm

Yeah they are both set to Mic but I am wondering if something internally is forcing it to line or something like that. Though I retain hope that there is some sort of way I can "reboot" it to working again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]