FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HMC150 focus problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Potts
Panasonic HMC150 focus problem
on Jul 27, 2010 at 9:32:57 pm

I've had the camera for a few months but I've had this problem happen to me a few times and I want to know if I should be worried. When I perform a tight zoom to manually adjust my focus - the focus begins to jitter in and out rapidly while a noise can be heard in the camera. When I zoom out it is fine. This only happens occasionally but enough to make me worry - Everything is set to manual. Any ideas on what I should do would be great.
Chad Potts

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Panasonic HMC150 focus problem
on Jul 28, 2010 at 2:26:07 am

This sounds like you are using the auto-focus feature and NOT manually focusing the shot yourself.

I NEVER use the auto-focus because it's way too slow to keep up. Everything I shoot is manually focused.

Return to posts index

Chad Potts
on Jul 28, 2010 at 3:53:24 am

Hi Guy McLoughlin ,
I wish it was that simple - I keep everything on Manual - and I have a second HMC150 that does has not had this problem. It first happened when I connected my Redrock adapter...Now it has happened at least 3 times since then without the adapter. I'm taking it on a full day shoot tomorrow and I'll post what happens - anything else you think it could be?

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on Jul 28, 2010 at 10:36:33 am

It sounds like it could be physical damage to the lens mechanism, which means you are going to have to take the camera to Panasonic and have them check it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]