FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing SDHC digital "blurring" in movement?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Senatore
Fixing SDHC digital "blurring" in movement?
on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:43:09 am

I recently purchased a Panasonic HMC-40 that records 1080i on SDHC digital cards. And one of the first things I've noticed about the footage is that whenever an object or person is within reasonable distance of the camera, a very distracting and distorting "blurring" sensation occurs when subject matter moves through the frame.

I took a closer look in FINAL CUT and went frame-by-frame on the distorted footage. What I noticed is that every other frame is a clear stillshot, while the frames in between are an obvious "transparent mashing" of the previous and following frame.

Something like this: []=frame
[x] - [x/y] - [y] - [y/z] - [z]

Is this motion "blurring" a common sensation of digitally recorded (SDHC) footage? Is there a way to fix this issue with my camera or in FINAL CUT so that this footage can actually be used?

Thanks,
-DAN

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Fixing SDHC digital "blurring" in movement?
on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:23:11 pm

This sounds like 24P progressive footage that has been telecined into a 60i interlaced video stream. To obtain true 24P footage from this video stream you need to use software that can reverse the telecine process to obtain true 24P footage from the interlaced video file.

I use Cineform's NEO SCENE software ( available for both Mac and PC ) to obtain proper 24P video video from a telecined video stream. You can download a trial version from the Cineform website, and the cheapest place to buy NEO SCENE is from the VideoGuys website. ( it's $100 from VideoGuys )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]