FORUMS: list search recent posts

MTS File anomaly

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Baldino
MTS File anomaly
on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:41:19 am

Hey all,

So I encountered my first HMC quirk today. Which isn't too bad, since I've had the camera now for several months. But still, you always hope that you're going to be one of the lucky ones...

Anyway, a few days ago I duped a 16GB SDHC card from a recent shoot onto my backed-up scratch disk, which is what I always do before I transcode the mts files to prores. There were a total of 34 mts files, which OS X labels as 00000.mts, 00001, and so on. No problems thus far.

Since I have a shoot tomorrow, I decided to format the card tonight, but I first double checked in-camera to make sure that the files matched up with what I got onto my HD. What I discovered is what's causing me to scratch my head. In PB mode, the camera shows only 33 clips on the card, not 34. And sure enough, there is a clip missing. I put the card back into my reader and loaded it up on my mac desktop, and strangely enough, the file was there this time. It seems that for whatever reason, the camera is not recognizing this one .mts file, but OS X seems to have no problem with it.

This is troubling because now it makes me think that I need to manually cross check everytime I copy cards over.

Anyone ever experienced this problem before? Could it have more to do with the specific brand of media (Transcend, in this case)? Could there of been something done to that particular clip that would cause the camera to stop recognizing it?

Any thoughts welcomed...

GoboMedia, LLC (under construction)

"Philosophy is questioning without answers; religion is answers without questioning." - Anonymous

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved