FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about a shotgun mike for HMC150

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Dedula
Question about a shotgun mike for HMC150
on Jul 12, 2010 at 6:17:05 pm

Hello All;
I have almost figured out everything I need to place my order for our HMC150 and accessories. I just have a few questions about the Shotgun mic which I think I'm going to plan to purchase.

I am trying to stay under $250 if possible - Do you know of any acceptable mics within that price range that can attach to the top of the camcorder to replace the internal mic ? I got the suggestion of AT897 which is just a bit above my limit.

I have a couple of questions ...

1. First of all, any suggestions other than the AT897 ?

2. Some of the Mic's and perhaps the AT897 requires Phantom Power - Does the HMC150 provide this or how do I provide this ?

3. The AT897 seems kinda long - does it fit well on the top of the HMC150 without getting in the way ?

4. Finally, from the pictures I see, the cord on the AT897 and some of the other mic's appears long. Does this get in the way when the Mic is attached to the camcorder ? Is a shorter cord included with the camcorder or does one need to be purchased separately ?

Thanks.

Tim

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Question about a shotgun mike for HMC150
on Jul 12, 2010 at 7:05:01 pm

Tim,

You can't go wrong with the Audio-Technica AT875R mic for less than $200. I own it and use it on my HMC 150.

The camera supplies the necessary Phantom Power.

As far as a cable, use this 1.5 footer, also by Audio-Technica.

-paul.

Return to posts index

John Baldino
Re: Question about a shotgun mike for HMC150
on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:25:21 am

Paul I wish I would have read a post like yours a few months back when I bought my HMC-150 and AT897...I like the 897 but as the OP suspects it is a bit long, and its closer to $300 vs $189. Now I'm thinking I should go out and get a 875... :)

Director/DP/Editor
GoboMedia, LLC
http://www.gobomedia.net (under construction)

"Philosophy is questioning without answers; religion is answers without questioning." - Anonymous

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]