FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do YOU have an HMC-150 or HMC-40?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Geer
Do YOU have an HMC-150 or HMC-40?
on Jun 15, 2010 at 4:34:37 pm

There exists an issues with timecode and the AVCHD specification in the HMC line - maybe other cameras too. There are a handful of posts out there about the problem and involve a range of editing applications.

I am working with Panasonic to solve the problem, but without others piping in with "Yea, mine does that too," they will not see it as a large enough issue to resolve.

If you have an HMC-150 or -40, or other AVCHD camera, please let me know if you are experiencing this simple symptom.

- Each of the AVCHD files recorded on the HMC-150 or HMC-40 and brought into an editing application, show a starting timecode of zero (00:00:00;00)

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Todd Newman
Re: Do YOU have an HMC-150 or HMC-40?
on Jun 25, 2010 at 9:02:44 pm

Just this week my HMC 150 began producing "reset" TC digits. A very long week of all day conference recording and this was a hit an miss problem. Honestly this did not cause issue for this project, but I can see this being trouble in the future.

+1 on the issue.

Return to posts index

Todd Geer
on Jun 29, 2010 at 7:43:02 pm

For all following this post, Sony is running with this problem and hasn't dropped the ball. The tech has forwarded to development:

Thank you for your patience. I would just like to let you know that, since I am reproducing the issue here, I am going to be sending this issue off to our development team. They will look into the issue and offer solutions if available. If not, the issue will be bugged. I will update you once I hear back from them.

Return to posts index

Todd Geer
on Jun 30, 2010 at 4:46:15 pm

For those interested in the issue where Sony Vegas cannot see the timecode in AVCHD files, we have a final answer from Support:

-----
Thank you for your patience. Our development team let me know that AVCHD timecode (for camcorders that have this) is not something that is supported in Vegas at this time, but to keep a look out in future versions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you still have a follow-up question on this particular incident, please feel free to update it. If you have a completely different question, please create a new incident.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]