FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Waves" in the picture?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Admir Tahmiscija
"Waves" in the picture?
on May 20, 2010 at 3:02:14 pm

Hi!

I did some test shots with my HMC151 and my redrock m2 the other day, and found a rather strange thing happening when moving the camera where it's bright light or shadows. You can clearly see "waves" in the shadows, i don't know how to explain this so I've uploaded a clip so you can see it easier..

Please choose the higher resolution to see it better. You can clearly see it down on the wall at the end of the balcony where the shadows are...

Is this a issue with the camera/settings, or the adapter/nikon lens?

I've never seen this before and have no clue what is going on.. I'm greatful for any help I can get!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: "Waves" in the picture?
on May 20, 2010 at 3:24:37 pm

Hmm- sorry but couldn't really see what you mean. Can you shoot a clearer example please...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Admir Tahmiscija
on May 20, 2010 at 5:51:06 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

I edit the clip a bit so I marked the place you should be looking at to see it.. Is this what you would call "ghosting"? I shot this at 25 frames, so a bit smeared out picture is to be expected, but why just the shadows? My master ped is at -16 to take away the grain in the picture. I'm also having huge problems with grain in the picture

Heres the clip, hope this one works. the reason why I took the same clip is because this particular clip shows it pritty well. Now also availible in HD =)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 20, 2010 at 9:27:57 pm

Hmm- sorry but I see nothing in there that's unusual. Maybe someone else can help.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 21, 2010 at 5:01:35 pm

I see shadows in the circled area, not waves.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]