FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-HMC151

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
margherita gramegna
Panasonic AG-HMC151
on Apr 29, 2010 at 8:20:45 am

what do you people think of the Panasonic AG-HMC151?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic AG-HMC151
on Apr 30, 2010 at 1:26:54 am

Yeah that's a European model HMC150- great camera for the money. We have a nice course on that one:

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/panasonic-hmc150-book-and-cd

Any specific questions about it?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Admir Tahmiscija
on May 3, 2010 at 7:35:23 pm

Hi Noah!

Instead of making a new thread I might just aswell ask in this thread =)

I'm thinking of "downgrading" from a HVX200 to a HMC 151. Will I lose a lot of quality to the picture? I'm sick of maintaining the FS 100 and the hvx200 AND my Redrock m2. In my opinion it should make the picture look better with my M2 as the 151 has less noise in the picture, what do you think?

So the HMC is the thing for me i guess, plus that i can flip the picture so no need for a flip adaptor for the redrock!

Can you compare the quality at all to the HVX's mxf format? Some say that the picture is even better with the HMC151, but I don't know who or what to belive with so many opinions...

So, will I make a big misstake if I buy the HMC151?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 4, 2010 at 5:32:03 pm

It's a bit softer, less color fidelity and a bit more noise. But I'd grade it maybe 20% lower on the objective image quality scale. For the price differential the 150 is a massive bargain. And if you're making mostly web video and SD-DVDs it's practically impossible to see any differences. It's only on high end HD monitors do you see the difference.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Admir Tahmiscija
on May 4, 2010 at 6:46:10 pm

Thank you so much for answering!

Well I will be chaging to the HMC as soon as I've sold my HVX200 (if someone wants to buy it will say)..

I've read a couple of hmc 151 threads that's a year old and people were waiting for the hmc 151 would be used for broadcast... Is the HMC 151 a good choice if you're filming commercial that's going to be broadcasted on tv?

Is the hmc 150 and 151 the same thing? The specs seem to be the same? =S

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 5, 2010 at 3:28:52 pm

They are the same thing- 150, 151, 152 are simply different regions' model codes for the same camera.

Noah

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on May 5, 2010 at 3:57:20 pm

Be aware that the HMC cameras are 6Hz or 50Hz so make sure you buy one that is intended for your country of origin. Additionally the extended warranty is in the country of origin. So you want to have your support in your country.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HPX300, HPX170, HVX200A
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Admir Tahmiscija
on May 5, 2010 at 4:17:26 pm

Thank you so much for your great answers! =)

Well I've read that the hmc151 comes with both PAL and NTSC modes, so you can switch between them. In my case, I live in Sweden, so I'll just switch it to PAL.

The more I read about the camera the better it gets =).
I think that the "downgrade" to it is by far worth it for me as the firestore takes to much attention out on the field with the battery, the firewire cable and the weak connector in the camera.

The quality, time lapse, and multi format recording is worth the sacrifice...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 5, 2010 at 11:34:46 pm

I make no secret of my utter hatred for the bulky Firestore and its litany of potential issues for your footage. That said- take Jan's advice. Get a camera designated for your market region or you want get local warranty service. And though these cameras rock, paying for your own repairs definitely does not.

Noah

Return to posts index

Admir Tahmiscija
on May 7, 2010 at 4:49:57 pm

Quick question; Is the HMC display flippable so that I don't have to use a flip adaptor with my redrock?

Some say that it is but I can't find it in any specifications..?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]