FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC 150 Broadcast

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Toscano
HMC 150 Broadcast
on Apr 27, 2010 at 2:27:38 pm

Has anyone shot with the HMC 150 & Broadcasted on TV? I know it can be done, but Id be curious to see or hear about someone's results.

Anyone? 1st or 2nd hand experience?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC 150 Broadcast
on Apr 27, 2010 at 5:04:51 pm

Sure- but 'broadcast on TV' means a lot of different things these days. Has a primetime show on ABC or FOX been shot on a 150- probably not. But has CNN news, documentaries, music videos, shorts and commercials been shot on 150 and broadcast at least at the local cable level- sure. Now more than ever- 'broadcast quality' is an elastic term that encompasses what the content is and who's broadcasting it. In short, yes you can create high quality footage with the 150, whether it can be broadcast or not is entirely dependent on other factors though.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
on Apr 28, 2010 at 3:44:22 am

Yes, it would be good to define what "broadcast for tv" means to you. It's certainly a very loose term these days....

Alf

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Apr 29, 2010 at 1:35:57 am

I have the same question, and will try to be more specific.

Let's consider, say, PBS/POV. If all other aspects of a film are high quality and up to their standards (cinematography, editing, content, lighting, color correx, sound, etc), would the fact that it was shot on the HMC150 be a fatal stumbling block to their accepting it? I guess it would be the 4-2-0 color space vs the 4-2-2 color space of a camera with P2 media, like the hvx200 or hpx170.

Does that help? It's important for me to know, because I'm about to embark on a project that, eventually, if all else went well, might be pitched to national venues along the lines of PBS and HBO documentaries.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Apr 29, 2010 at 1:40:54 am

And to add one more question to the last post, this time regarding festivals or other theatrical venues.

How, in your opinion, would footage from the HMC150 hold up to HD theater blowups, or transfer to film?

And with that end-result in mind, would you recommend shooting 720/24p or 1080/24p?

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Jon Smyth
on May 5, 2010 at 3:57:59 am

Is anyone going to reply Dan's last two posts? I'm curious too, especially about the blown-up projection for film festivals. Will the HMC-150 stand up to large screen res?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]