FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best SD card for HMC150 recording

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tash Glenn
Best SD card for HMC150 recording
on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:25:59 pm

Which brand of SD cards are most reliable with shooting on the Panasonic HMC150 camera? I have been using "Transcend SDHC class6" 8GB & 16GB and been having Log and Transfer errors in getting my footage off the cards using FCP7. I have also been reusing the cards by reformatting the cards from the camera functions, is this the best way to reuse a SD card?

Tash
http://www.vnextmedia.com

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Best SD card for HMC150 recording
on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:11:07 pm

I use Panasonic cards with the $40 Panasonic reader. Never had a problem. The cards are more expensive.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Tash Glenn
on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:23:54 pm

what class or speed are the Panasonic cards?

Tash
http://www.vnextmedia.com

Return to posts index

Justin Parker
on Apr 27, 2010 at 3:57:48 pm

I have the same Transcend cards and have had no problems so far.
I've read a lot of good reviews about Transcend too.

Are you getting errors while recording on them in the camera or just uploading with a card reader?

Have you tried leaving the cards in the camera and connecting the computer to the camera via USB and uploading that way?

Return to posts index

John Baldino
on Apr 29, 2010 at 12:57:32 am

I too use the Transcend 8gb/16gb class 6 cards with FCP 7. And so far, no problems at all. There is a problem in your configuration somewhere, although I think it is very unlikely that the cards would be at fault, but it does happen every once in a while. I would experiment with every variable to make sure the problem really is with the SD cards themselves. As the previous poster said, try using the camera with a usb connection to transfer, make sure there are no errors during playback on the camera (or during recording for that matter), etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]