FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting a short event video

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Toscano
Shooting a short event video
on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:05:44 am

Im shooting a 1/2 day event tomorrow. I'll be shooting at a Museum. shooting A speaker, a couple short interviews and some broll footage.

I'll then need to put together a a 2 to 3 minute web video and then a slightly longer version on for a DVD.

Im not sure if I should shoot it 720p or 1080p or what frame rate? How do you know? any tips?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Shooting a short event video
on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:52:06 am

Which camera? Typically you go 1080/24p or 720/24p for most stuff.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:56:41 am

I have the HMC 150. The client wants "HD" I think that 720p 24fps will work and will be easier to work with the smaller footage but still look good on a DVD right? Do you agree?

I havnt used the camera much, that why Im asking.

any other tips for the shoot?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 22, 2010 at 4:37:31 am

That would be my suggestion- 720/24p. If you really want to learn a lot more about your 150- I'd also suggest grabbing this book:

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/panasonic-hmc150-book-and-cd

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Apr 23, 2010 at 2:35:54 pm

Thanks Noah. I heard of that book before. Its a steep price, but I think that Im going to do it.

Its informative? Worth it?

I think I need it! Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 23, 2010 at 3:59:14 pm

[Jim Toscano] "Its informative? Worth it?"

In my opinion definitely- Barry Green (the author) has been very close with Panasonic since the days of the DVX100 so he really knows their cameras inside and out. Also he has his books proofread by their tech people, so you know it's about as thorough and accurate as can be.

Noah

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
on Apr 26, 2010 at 5:48:25 am

The book by Barry is well worth the price. I use it in conjunction with my manual that came with the camera, as Barry avoids rehashing stuff in the manual. Yet the insight beyond the manual that he gives is great. I've referred to it often.

Alf

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Apr 26, 2010 at 2:52:12 pm

I bought it! Can't wait to pur over it! Thanks again guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]