FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer HMC150 random errors

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tash Glenn
Log and Transfer HMC150 random errors
on Apr 16, 2010 at 2:12:56 am

I'm tryng to log and transfer my PH 1080/60I footage in FCP7 and it starts to log and then stalls on certain clips and FCP7 crashes. I'm using a Transcend 16GB SDHC Class6 card. I've shot on this card numerously and have had no errors. The footage plays fine in the camera and in the FCP7 Log and Transfer Viewer. I was able to transfer half the clips successfully by clicking them individually but the other half makes the program quit and not transfer. I tried setting different In & Out points and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions or other ways in getting my footage off the card without using FCP

Return to posts index

Tash Glenn
Re: Log and Transfer HMC150 random errors
on Apr 30, 2010 at 5:02:01 pm

i figured out a work around that can log-in your footage thats not transferring correctly using FCP7.
1.) use the free program "HandBrake" and bring in the .MTS clips and Encode them to .mp4
2.) Export the .mp4 clip using MPEG Stream Clip. The export options vary depending on what type of footage you shot.

Then i was able to edit everything in FCP7

Tash
http://www.vnextmedia.com

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Log and Transfer HMC150 random errors
on May 9, 2010 at 10:09:06 pm

You might want to take a look at the Cineform NEO SCENE software for Mac, which bypasses the normal FCP log and transfer process and transcodes AVCHD video to the Cineform CODEC placed within a MOV container. You can download a trial version at:

http://www.cineform.com/neoscene/features.php

NEO SCENE is one of the few cross platform editing CODECS, where the same files can be edited on a Mac or PC without transcoding to another format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]