FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time lapse question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Toscano
Time lapse question
on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:28:44 pm

People-

I need to create some time lapse footage. The subject is a construction site. One camera position.

The shoot: I'll be using my Panasonic HMC 150 (AVCHD). Its a long shoot, 2 days - up to 10 hrs each day.

The edit: PP Cs4, on my Macbook Pro (dual Core).

End use: Client doesn't know, Probably web video, maybe industrial use on a dvd. Not broadcast.

So what do you think? I have an idea of how the workflow should go, but I want to get everyones take on it.

Im thinking shoot at 720p, import into PP timeline, export every 6th frame as a tiff, then throw it back in the timeline? Then export as what?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Time lapse question
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:16:51 pm

It's always good with time lapse to work out how long the shot ultimately has to be. It gives you a roadmap to setting how frequently you have to get a shot.

If possible, you may want to consider using a DSLR to do this. Many have settings to take a shot at set intervals. The larger picture size comes in pretty handy, too.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:43:37 pm

Dave & everyone

Thanks! The client doesn't know how long I will have to film or what they are going to use the footage for or how long the final product will be. So I am thinking play it safe and just film the entire thing in real time so that I can have some flexibility later.

Sound good? Sound crazy?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 31, 2010 at 7:58:19 pm

[Jim Toscano] "Sound good? Sound crazy?"

Sounds like you'll need a boatload of storage. Hope you have it!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]