FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions regarding the HMC150

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris law
Questions regarding the HMC150
on Mar 29, 2010 at 5:20:37 pm

Hello im going to buy the panasonic HMC150 when i have enough money which will take a couple of months of so to get. Im just wondering if i brought this camcorder would it still be up to date for a couple of years. Already theirs 3D and i dont want to buy it and have to sell it quickly.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Questions regarding the HMC150
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:04:06 pm

You should plan on using it as much as possible as quickly as you can. This is a very rapidly changing industry. No such thing as buying something that you can be sure won't be replaced by something new in a few years.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
on Mar 30, 2010 at 4:33:25 pm

Chris, the question you need to make sure to ask is 'what am I going to use this camera for"? If you have an answer to that, and it seems like the features are what you want, then go for it. As Noah states, technology is constantly changing and I doubt many of us will be able to afford 3D nor want to deal with it anytime soon.

Also if you look out in your timeframe, hopefully Pan. will do some minor updates to the camera. A good likelyhood is dual card slots, which the competition has, and I can tell you from experience would be worth me selling my 150 and upgrading for. That's just one possibility. So buying that camera and using the heck out of it will be a good thing to do. Ultimately, I doubt that it will devalue enormously, and you can think of the loss in value if you do sell it as it's "rental cost' to you to use it. If you live in a major city, you'd be renting a camera anyway, and that would have it's cost.

I've really like my HMC 150, and still think it's a great camera for the price.

Alf

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 4, 2010 at 3:57:18 am

Also NAB is within 2 weeks. Hold off if you're not positive or in critical need right this second.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Apr 26, 2010 at 2:56:50 pm

What s NAB?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]