FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letters on the end of the Model number (P, PU, ...)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Hudgins
Letters on the end of the Model number (P, PU, ...)
on Mar 24, 2010 at 8:00:07 pm

Alright, I'm in the market for the HMC150. Selling and saving for it now!

But I'm shopping here and there... staying away from these bait-and-switch dealers, checking out ebay and legit retailers ... but here's my question

I see some cameras have slightly different model numbers

HMC150 is what I'll be searching for

HMC150P

or

HMC150PU

and one time, came across HMC151/150 (which was in an older Studio mag review). That was the first time I had seen "151" ??

Will someone spell out these differences. I'm going to take a shot and guess that this might have something to do with where the cam is manufactured and sold (which I DEFINITELY want to stray from a cam that can't be serviced anywhere BUT Europe or Canada - that would not be realistic)

Thanks

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Letters on the end of the Model number (P, PU, ...)
on Mar 24, 2010 at 9:40:38 pm

Typically those are related to where the item is supposed to be sold- i.e. the PU would be grey market in North America I believe.

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Drew Hudgins
on Mar 25, 2010 at 1:13:01 am

Right, I called Panasonic and they told me to watch out for "gray" market cameras … cam's that might have been purchased wholesale in other countries and sold here in the US from non-legit retailers.

I believe mine might very well come from Amazon too once I get all the cash together.

I had a friend long ago tell me that the Sony Z1U also had a "Japan" counter part ... the Z1J. That's easy though... (J ... for Japan ... k, got it) but ... PU? or P? I know there's got to be other letters too...

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Return to posts index

John Baldino
on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:24:16 am

For what it's worth I just bought my HMC-150 from Amazon.com. It shipped yesterday and I get it tomorrow. Paid around $3250, I think.

I too did a LOT of research and shopping comparisons and I found Amazon's to be the best price from a legit retailer.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my hands on the thing...I already have a green screen type gig coming up that I need to prep for :)

(from reading these forums it seems that chroma key with this camera should be okay as long as it is properly lit...even with 4:2:0 color space...which it will have to be, since I don't have the ability to capture HDMI yet. But nice that the camera does that, too)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]