FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying a Panasonic DVX: prices, hours, etc?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch McCabe
Buying a Panasonic DVX: prices, hours, etc?
on Mar 18, 2010 at 4:46:01 pm

Hi there,

I regrettably sold my DVX-A last year, and am not ready to take the plunge into an HD camera (although I will some day soon!)... or a HDV camera with a lesser quality picture. Loved the DVX, shot a feature doc on it! So I'm looking to buy a DVX again, and am torn whether I should buy used or new. AT B&H it's $2,349 with just one battery. On eBay I found one with 131 hours at $1450, 2 batteries plus camera case, but I only have 3 days to return it if something's not great... I'm wondering if anyone thinks 131 hours is still too much for a camera nowadays, if there's a way they could have rigged the hours? If it's worth spending the extra $1000?

Let me know, thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Buying a Panasonic DVX: prices, hours, etc?
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:00:31 pm

Have you considered the HMC40 instead? It's near that price and gets you up to HD...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
Re: Buying a Panasonic DVX: prices, hours, etc?
on Apr 30, 2010 at 3:02:24 pm

Noah,

Why are shooters still using the DVX? Is it the familiarity, as well as the film look? Does this film look compare to the latest "film looks" that the DVX was so noted for? How do feature films shot on the DVX look after they are blown up?

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT
FCP7/Sony EX-3/Mac Quad-Core Intel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]