FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic DVX100 + iMac Does Not Work?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Slavik
Panasonic DVX100 + iMac Does Not Work?
on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:46:52 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased a used DVX100 to use with my 2007 iMac. Long story short, it doesn't work. The mac will not detect the camera plugged into the firewire 800 port. When plugged in, it also causes my mybook (plugged in via firewire 800) to have problems. I checked "About this Mac/firewire" and it's not there. I've seen this problem mentioned on the Apple forums. Unfortunately after I purchased the camera. Ironically, the DVX100b seems to work with my iMac. I've tested my DVX100 on a Mac Pro and everything worked fine.

My question is, would it be a viable solution to plug the camera into the mybook and capture there? Or do I need to sell the camera and start my search over?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic DVX100 + iMac Does Not Work?
on Mar 15, 2010 at 9:24:36 pm

What's a Mybook?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jeff Slavik
on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:27:33 pm

Hi Noah, the mybook is just an external drive that I have connected to the iMac. It's connected via firewire 800.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 16, 2010 at 7:00:08 pm

You can't really mix FW800 and FW400 devices on the same chain. Try the camera on another computer to make sure it's still working...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]