HMC 150 - Adobe PP CS4 - Macbook Pro

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Toscano
HMC 150 - Adobe PP CS4 - Macbook Pro
on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:08:47 pm

Im pretty new to this equipment.

My old setup: Cannon XL1 - Adobe PP CS3 - PC

I just got all the new equipment this week.

Did I do right? Is grabbing files from memory card as simples as taking the card out of the camera and putting it in my Macbook pro?

Any other general tips? Any advice so that I don't make rookie mistakes or pick up bad habits?

Mac specs:

2.66, intel core 2 duo
4GB

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC 150 - Adobe PP CS4 - Macbook Pro
on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:46:47 pm

I'd copy the cards to another hard drive and keep that as your backup before bringing into Premiere first. But yeah basically it's that simple.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Mar 22, 2010 at 4:25:59 pm

Noah,

When I import the AVCHD files, they are playing with some pixelation in PP. Any idea why? Could the AVCHD just be too much for my machine to handle?

Return to posts index

Jim Toscano
on Apr 22, 2010 at 12:14:29 am

Noah,

Im shooting a 1/2 day event tomorrow. I'll be shooting at a Museum. shooting A speaker, a couple short interviews and some broll footage.

I'll then need to put together a a 2 to 3 minute web video and then a slightly longer version on for a DVD.

Im not sure if I should shoot it 720p or 1080p or what frame rate? How do you know? any tips?

Your advice in the past has been great.

-Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]