FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 Error code E-03

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Kelly
HMC150 Error code E-03
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:16:37 am

While filming today the camera stopped recording and gave me a gray screen with the message "System Error E-03 Turn power off". Got a call into Panasonic but waiting for an answer. Anyone know what this means?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC150 Error code E-03
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:46:19 pm

Sometimes happens on certain memory cards- what kind were you shooting on?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Colin Kelly
on Mar 11, 2010 at 2:02:01 pm

I've been using Delkin eFilm Pro, Class 6. Been using them since December with no problems til now.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 11, 2010 at 6:31:31 pm

Could be a bad card. Is the data on the card readable?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Colin Kelly
on Mar 14, 2010 at 5:18:42 pm

Yeah, the card was unreadable. I think it was a card that I've had trouble with in the past. I called panasonic last week and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if they would publish troubleshooting codes for the HMC150 as they do for their higher end products.

Return to posts index

Matt Winne
on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:22:59 pm

I experienced this error on a shoot last night. It made me miss out on about 3 minutes of a speech. This was the first clip on the card and I was about 15 minutes into the clip when the error occurred. I've been using Delkin class 10 cards for several months and never had a problem until this. I'm not sure why it occurred, but I have a few theories.

1)I used the card to record video with another type of camera a few days before this shoot. Normally these Delkin cards are dedicated to the 150, but I was out of my other cards at the time so I had to use it. However, I formatted the card in the 150 before shooting the speech.

2)I was in a rush and pressed record while the camera was still powering on. I imagine the camera shouldn't start recording until its fully booted up, but maybe this is not so.

3)The battery was too low. I highly doubt that this was the cause of the problem since the camera said that the battery still had 55 minutes of power left, but...after the error occured the camera asked me if I wanted to repair the clip. I said yes, but the camera responded by saying that there was not enough power to perform the repair. It asked again, I said no, then began recording again with the same card and without changing the battery.

Was this just a simple glitch or does it indicate a bigger problem? Since this is the first time it's happened, I'm going to say that it's a random occurrence. I will, however, never use these Delkin cards in another camera again. This is the only possible explanation that makes sense to me.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]