FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gain setting

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Bell
Gain setting
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:37:23 am

Can anyone comment on the DVX100B gain setting? Is the best image obtained with it on low and of course well lit?

What if any are the risks of medium and high gain settings?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Gain setting
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:22:52 pm

No- the best image is generally with it off. All gain does is electronically boost the brightness of the whole frame when you don't have enough light to make a stop. It's more of a last resort than a good thing.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Jim Bell
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:36:21 pm

Thanks for confirming my suspicion...ONE QUESTION though: How do you turn gain off? Our DVXs only have L, M and H settings.

Thanks,

PS our company bought your DVD, and I can confirm that it IS worth the money for anyone new to the environment.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 10, 2010 at 2:47:00 am

Keep it on L- you can set what L is using the menu options if I'm not mistaken.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 10, 2010 at 2:47:49 am

And thanks for the kind words on the DVX100 video course- http://www.callboxlive.com/products/24p-digital-post-production-with-final-... :)

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]