FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-DVX100a, Menu option for Scene File does not display option for PROGRESSIVE

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Hervert
Panasonic AG-DVX100a, Menu option for Scene File does not display option for PROGRESSIVE
on Mar 7, 2010 at 5:25:46 pm

I just bought a DVX100a cam (used). I read the manual and some options are not displayed as part of the menu.

Scene File, which is part of the Menu display, has several options including GAMMA, KNEE and PROGRESSIVE; these Options are not display in my cam.

I am not sure if there the cam is damaged. Any idea about this problem?

Thanks.
Alex

Return to posts index

cow
Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic AG-DVX100a, Menu option for Scene File does not display option for PROGRESSIVE
on Mar 8, 2010 at 1:50:02 am

Read a little more in the manual- you'll find them.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Alex Hervert
Re: Panasonic AG-DVX100a, Menu option for Scene File does not display option for PROGRESSIVE
on Mar 8, 2010 at 2:29:14 am

If you don't want to help, please don't write this kind of feedback. It is ridiculous

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 8, 2010 at 3:03:03 am

You're right- what was I thinking. Telling you to read the manual before asking a beyond basic question is indeed ridiculous. All my years of helping out on this forum are nothing next to your 2 posts here.

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Alex Hervert
on Mar 8, 2010 at 3:09:01 am

This option is not specified in the manual. It is clear that you don't have any idea about how to resolove this topic.

Who is the expert?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 8, 2010 at 4:02:41 pm

Best of luck- you have a future in diplomacy.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 8, 2010 at 11:28:34 pm

On page 31 of the DVX 100A manual, it says:

"The setting for progressive mode can be switched with the PROGRESSIVE item on the SCENE FILE screen of the setting menu.(See page 42)"

I assume you can both 1) find page 42 and 2) read it. Now quit your whining. Try reading for understanding instead of skimming.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alex Hervert
on Mar 9, 2010 at 12:33:41 am

Thank you for your help.

According to the manual these are the option for "SCENE FILE":
DETAIL LEVEL
V DETAIL LEVEL
DETAIL CORING
CHROMA LEVEL
CHROMA PHASE
COLOR TEMP
MASTER PED
A. IRIS LEVEL
GAMMA
KNEE
MATRIX
SKIN TONE DTL
V DETAIL FREQ
PROGRESSIVE
NAME EDIT
SAVE/INIT

The problem is when I go to the "SCENE FILE" menu option in my cam, these next three options GAMMA, KNEE and PROGRESSIVE are not displayed. It means there are not part of the menu.

Therefore, there is no way I can select progresive as the manual describes.
Believe me, I have read the manual several times and I have researched in different places but I cannot find the solution.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 9, 2010 at 2:32:31 am

Try switching to a different factory preset- that's the dial on the back of the camera with 1-6 on it...

Noah

Return to posts index

Alex Hervert
on Mar 9, 2010 at 3:38:22 am

I did as well. Even for 5 and 6 (24p and 24p Adv)these three options mentioned before (including Progressive) are not displayed.

I reset all the Scenes 1 to 6 to Factory settings and .... same story.
For OTHER FUNCTIONS/User File, I selected INITIAL as well; in order to restore to the factory settings user file.

It is like the camcorder did not have a progressive "film" option, like if it were just a regular video-camcorder.

Do you know if there is a "hard-reset" to Factory settings (besides the reset small bottom in the camera)?

Thanks

Return to posts index

David Eger
on Jul 26, 2010 at 1:44:32 pm

sorry so late to this, I am sure it is resolved but I remember there was a version of the camera that was identical but just did not have the progressive elements built into it. maybe this was the problem..
just a thought.
-D

-Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]