FORUMS: list search recent posts

24P Advanced: Pixelated Video in Color Fields

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cosette laurent
24P Advanced: Pixelated Video in Color Fields
on Mar 7, 2010 at 10:53:36 am

I shot a dance performance with varied colored light backgrounds. Most of the digitized footage looks fine, but I am getting pixelated borders around foreground subjects (in both the viewer, canvas, and exported video) when the background is blue, red (some chroma like purple are fine). I am not sure what kind of light it is, but I assume that's the problem, given that footage otherwise is pretty crisp. What do you guys think?

I shot 24P Advanced w the 100B, and digitized capture footage at 23.98, and sequence settings at Advanced Pulldown. I haven't looked at an external monitor yet. Wondering if I should change my capture settings first.

I've posted three screenshots. The first two show the pixelated borders with the color background. The third shows the fine quality when the color background is absent. (all are same tape, same settings for shoot and capture).

Thanks so much! I really appreciate any help or thoughts.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 24P Advanced: Pixelated Video in Color Fields
on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:10:57 pm

That looks like how all DV looks when viewing the canvas of FCP. I.e. nothing unusual color rendering wise. If you move up to an HD camera you'll see a much better picture. Also never gauge image quality within FCP- you're seeing a single field proxy image optimized for playback speed, not quality. View on an external monitor for quality assessment.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]