FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic SDR-S26

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Wheatley
Panasonic SDR-S26
on Feb 26, 2010 at 3:54:45 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere better to put this.

I'm looking at buying this particular model of camera (well, a couple) for a school I work in. We edit on Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and was wondering what format the camera records to the SD card and how this format works with Premiere Pro.

Cheers for looking

Sam

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic SDR-S26
on Feb 27, 2010 at 5:23:45 pm

I'd guess you'd need to convert its footage into something more editable like ProRes first- maybe with MPEG Streamclip:

http://www.squared5.com/

-Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Sam Wheatley
on Feb 27, 2010 at 5:25:41 pm

Ah, that's what I was trying to avoid (although, we're also trying to avoid tape so I guess we can't have it both ways).

Cheers for the response :)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 27, 2010 at 8:54:26 pm

Yeap- sadly there are many dozens of consumer hard drive/SD card cameras with zero support in most editing apps. You want to have that support you need to spring for a higher quality camera.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]