FORUMS: list search recent posts

wireless interference affects on-camera microphone

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris walker
wireless interference affects on-camera microphone
on Feb 21, 2010 at 1:29:07 am

I use a Sennheiser wireless mic for wedding ceremonies, with channel one reserved for the on-camera microphone. Theoretically, if there is static on the wireless, in editing I should be able to switch to the on-camera microphone's sound for that bad section. But I find that very often if there is static, the sound on the on-camera microphone is also bad. Typically, if there is a loud crackling sound on the wireless channel, on the other channel the sound volume goes way down, so that I can't salvage any usable sound on either channel. Why should this be, and what can I do about it? The on-camera microphone is not wireless, so why should the wireless static affect it? Please help!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: wireless interference affects on-camera microphone
on Feb 21, 2010 at 8:06:28 pm

Which camera are we talking about? Chances are the mic is putting out radio interference that the camera is picking up on. Try a different frequency.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

chris walker
on Feb 21, 2010 at 10:17:12 pm

The camera is the dvx100a. The wireless microphone can put out interference that the on-camera microphone picks up on even though the wireless is far away from the camera? I will try changing frequencies but the problem is that I can't do it on the fly since the transmitter is in the groom's coat. Does having the receiver on my body instead of attached to the camera help?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:17:21 pm

Sure- but to be honest I'd consider getting a different mic. If a wireless kit burns you once on a shoot- why continue to rely on it.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]