FORUMS: list search recent posts

scene recipes

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
scene recipes
on Feb 19, 2010 at 3:20:23 pm

A friend of mine has a JVC, he has a cards that give scene recipes.
His are basically designed for the JCV. As an example it give the setting to achieve the effect used for Saving Private Ryan. Bleach bypass - Is there a Scene File Recipe (outside the preset scene files that comes with the camera) for Panasonic?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: scene recipes
on Feb 19, 2010 at 5:37:16 pm

I suppose a such settings could be devised, but I'm not crazy AT ALL about the idea. What do you do if you don't like the look after you've gone to all the trouble to shoot it? You're stuck! You have no alternative but to re-shoot!

But....

What if you were to use the standard cine settings, and then create the bleach bypass look in color correction? If you don't like it, you simply change it. It's not a big deal. Your original footage remains good-looking.

Handy with After Effects? Know someone who is? There's a very simple, easily-modified bleach bypass technique for AE at Videocopilot. Here's a link:
http://www.videocopilot.net/

I'd provide a link to the tutorial, but Andrew Kramer's server seems to be down.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 19, 2010 at 7:18:29 pm

Here's that link I was talking about:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/q/bleach%20bypass/

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 21, 2010 at 8:09:22 pm

Also depends which camera- the DVX100 can save scene file settings to itself but cannot load or save out to a memory card. While the HMC150 can.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Feb 22, 2010 at 6:32:25 pm

Thanks for all the input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]