FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drop out problems with P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Brownfield
Drop out problems with P2
on Feb 18, 2010 at 1:04:02 am

Not sure is this is in the right spot...but I'm currently editing a doco which was shot on P2 cards and I'm finding quite a few drop outs in the video footage...you know what it looks like, pixelated squares, which I can cut around, but the strangest thing is that at the same point it also takes audio from another part of the clip and replaces it.

Has anyone else had this problem before and does anyone have any ideas how I maybe able to fix it??

The footage was shot at 720np or is it pn.

Thanks
Anna B

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Drop out problems with P2
on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:41:19 am

On which camera?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Anna Brownfield
on Feb 22, 2010 at 3:42:37 am

I used two, I think this one was shot on a AG-HVX202AEN or AG-HPX172EN, sorry I used both of these and the footage was shot over a year ago, so its hard to remember!
Thanks
Anna B

Return to posts index

Hunter Mossman
on Feb 18, 2010 at 8:15:16 am

What's your post workflow? From P2 Cards to NLE what steps did you take to ingest or convert the footage? Are the dropouts completely random?

Hunter Mossman
Director of Photography
http://www.huntermossman.com

Return to posts index

Anna Brownfield
on Feb 22, 2010 at 3:46:24 am

Okay Post production wise. I would have used a both a card reader, panasonic in an edit suite to transfer the cards and then some would have also been transfered using a portable card reader too.

In regards to ingestion and conversion, this was done in FCP on my Mac Book pro. I've tried re log and transferring some of the cards but still comes up with the same problem. Initially I thought it was something to do with the external hard drive I was using but know that its not that.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Anna B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]