FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes from AVCDH as Multi-clip in FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
ProRes from AVCDH as Multi-clip in FCP
on Feb 11, 2010 at 2:07:45 pm

Hi Noah,

I was wondering if you might be able to help out with this. I asked the question in the FCP forum, but haven't gotten an answer. I did a 2-cam shoot with the HMC150 and a Canon. I wasn't able to edit the two as a multi-clip in FCP 6.0.6. So I tried converting the Canon footage to prores in Compressor, as advised by someone in the FCP forum. That didn't work either...got the message the the clips' CODECs don't match. I posted that in the FCP forum and was told that FCP does not support proRes for Multi-clip.

Is this the case? And if not, do you know a workaround to be able to get both of these cam's clips working as a multi-clip on the timeline?

Thanks again,

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: ProRes from AVCDH as Multi-clip in FCP
on Feb 11, 2010 at 4:08:08 pm

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall ProRes works fine in multiclip. Make sure you are matching everything about the two sources- codec, resolution, frame rate, etc.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Store- Gifts and Gadgets for Editors.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:13:30 pm

They're both 1080 resolution. The HMC footage is 29.97, from what I can tell. So I put the canon footage through compressor and changed it to HQ 1080 16:9 ProRes. Then I put it through cine tools and conformed to 29.97fps because the canon was 30fps.

Did I miss anything that you can tell?

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 11, 2010 at 9:33:38 pm

Is the HMC 150 at ProRes HQ or just ProRes- make sure your data rates match. Failing that, make both standard DV and do an offline edit then media manage it back to the HD resolution.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:20:59 pm

Gosh, I hope I can avoid the SD route!
How do I check Data rate and HQ vs non-HQ on the 150's clip?

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:57:35 am

Just look at the properties in QT player or in the bin in FCP- you'll see the data rate per second.

Noah

Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Roberto A Zavala
on Feb 22, 2010 at 12:22:08 am

i'm having the same problems. i used the hmc 40 and the multi clips lag in the viewer and when i place them in the time line i have a green status bar. i never tried to offline edit before don't even know how.
rob Z
i shot 720 30p. fpc says the clips are 29.97, which sounds correct and the sequence matches the clips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]