FORUMS: list search recent posts

LANC remote for DVX100A

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Robertson
LANC remote for DVX100A
on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:37:58 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a very affordable LANC for a DVX100A. I'm only going to use for a couple of crane shoots, so I really don't want to (or can afford) spend a whole lot.

Will this work with the DVX100A?: http://www.markertek.com/Home-Theater/Remote-Controls/V-REMOTE.xhtml?LANC-1

I find it hard to belive there isn’t a simple device for the DVX. While I would love to use a Varizoom, it just isn’t fiscally possible today.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Russell

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: LANC remote for DVX100A
on Feb 10, 2010 at 10:11:58 pm

If it's just to turn the camera on and off why not just keep rolling. DV tape is dirt cheap.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Store- Gifts and Gadgets for Editors.

Return to posts index

Russell Robertson
on Feb 11, 2010 at 2:19:03 am

Noah - I'm looking for the zoom and perhaps focus function - any ideas for a inexpensive solution? I don't use a crane that often, but will next week.

do you think this will work? http://www.markertek.com/Home-Theater/Remote-Controls/V-REMOTE.xhtml?LANC-1

R

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 11, 2010 at 5:17:49 pm

What about the remote that comes with the camera? The varizoom is about as cheap as you should go- have you considered a rental or purcahse and sell?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Visit my Editors Store- Gifts and Gadgets for Editors.

Return to posts index

Russell Robertson
on Feb 15, 2010 at 1:30:10 am

Noah... one word... BRILLIANT!!! That goes under the heading of.."why didn't I think of that?"!

Many thanks - that just saved me some $$. I haven't used the remote, ever - still in the original packing, battery never inserted - I'll try out now, before the shoot.

Thanks again

RR

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 16, 2010 at 12:53:51 am

Sure no problem- just keep the manual handy. Sometimes the remote and the camera need to be set a certain way to function together.

Noah

Visit my Editors Blog- Tips and Gear for Editors.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Feb 16, 2010 at 1:28:51 pm

Hi,

Remote focus and iris are not possible on the DVX100A, it only showed up in the DVX100B. It is not LAN-C control. I don't know of another inexpensive controller outside of Varizoom that is able to control these functions. I do know of others that cost more.

Best regards,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HPX300, HPX170, HVX200A
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]