FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outputting Panasonic footage to DVD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Burton
Outputting Panasonic footage to DVD
on Feb 1, 2010 at 12:23:58 am

Hi --

I have shot video footage using a Panasonic AG-DVX 100B with an anamorphic adapter and edited it using Avid Xpress Pro. Outputted the footage to Sonic DVDit. Don't know what step I forgot along the way, but the 16:9 footage I shot is playing back on my PS3 and computer DVD drive as 4:3 aspect ratio footage, complete with vertical black bars on the left and right of the screen. For what its worth, I don't get this playing it back on an XBox, but the resolution is poorer, as if the aspect ration had been formatted to fit the XBox. Maybe the image is zoomed in on the XBox to eliminate the black bars? Is this phenomenon a result of outputting it incorrectly or did I somehow not capture the footage properly to begin with? Please advise. Thanks.

Shawn Burton

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Outputting Panasonic footage to DVD
on Feb 1, 2010 at 6:51:36 pm

Hey there, not sure if this will help and I've not used Avid, BUT in FCP, I tell it to use anamorphic NTSC and it seems to work fine - tested DVD on my friend's very large 16:9 TV on both DVD and Blueray players as well as my 4:3 TVs. I know if I don't tell it to use anamorphic, I get the same problem you have described here. FCP is supposed to auto-detect this, but it doesn't seem to auto-detect real well (or I'm picking the wrong setting). Most new DVD and bluray players automatically letterbox or stretch the video once you've output to DVD.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]