FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG MX70 operation

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lane Ridenhour
Panasonic AG MX70 operation
on Jan 26, 2010 at 2:33:29 pm

Hi,
There doesn't appear to be a separate forum for the Panasonic AG MX70, so please forgive me for being a little off category. I have just installed a new AG MX 70 in our teleclassroom here at the University, replacing our 16 year old Grass Valley 110 switcher. The install was a breeze and I have encountered no difficulty at all, not even with external keying. Picture in picture works great, and I do not have to genlock any of the 8 video sources because of the frame sync setup. The only genlocked item is the character generator connected to the external key..

I am more of a technician than an operator, and find the Operating Instructions were helpful in setup , but not so much in actually operating the switcher. Has anyone ever seen or developed operating instructions that are simpler.. something perhaps geared for a student operator, or entrry level operator ? Specifically in scene storage issues ?

Thanks,

Lane

Lane Ridenhour
Video Manager, Program Coordinator
UNCG Greensboro, NC

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic AG MX70 operation
on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:36:50 pm

Sorry you are getting no response- very rare item and I'm suspecting no one is going to be able to help. Practice with the gear is about all I can say. Also just out of curiosity have you considered a more modern solution such as a software based switcher? Not too many folks are using that sorta solution these days anymore- which is why no forum/ no response.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D,
Apple Tablet Blog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]