FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HMC 150-What do I give the Client?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marty Glembotzky
Panasonic HMC 150-What do I give the Client?
on Jan 21, 2010 at 8:50:32 pm

Shot 5-6 hours of a seminar. Two 16 gig cards and half a 32 gig card.

Client does not know what they want to do with footage, just put it on a drive.

They want a dvd with timecode, so I am ingesting right now ProRes422(HQ) . It was shot 10080/60i.

As for what I will be giving the client for future edits:

Can I simply format a portable drive NTFS and copy and paste my files from FCP capture scratch? Give them the ProRes files for future edits?

Or do I copy and paste the AVCHD files/SD cards to a drive and let the edit house deal with conversion?

Any help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic HMC 150-What do I give the Client?
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:31:08 am

Definitely delivery ProRes- you can easily make a DVD version by burning in timecode in Compressor. They will have no clue what to do with the camera files.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Francisco Litardo
Re: Panasonic HMC 150-What do I give the Client?
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:01:30 am

Hello Marty - I don't have an answer for you because I am new to this as well. I am about to shoot a seminar/conference for a client using the HMC150.

Here's my question for you. Did shoot the seminar from start to finish without stopping. If so, did this create one big file? Is it Ok to do this, or is it recommended to shoot in segments? Like I said, this will be the first time for me shooting on a solid state camera and I am not sure what the correct production workflow is.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]