FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snow Leopard invalidates Duel Adapter for P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hunter
Snow Leopard invalidates Duel Adapter for P2
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:06:57 pm

The macpro laptop I had been using for P2 Log and Transfer of my Panasonic AG-HVX200A files was updated with Snow Leopard a week ago. Now my P2 cards via the Duel ExpressCard adapter will not mount. NOW I discover that Snow Leopard has killed my Duel Adapter for this vital function and that nobody--Apple, Panasonic, or Duel--is planning on coming up with a driver upgrade!

This was absolutely the fastest way to download a full 32G card and the relatively simplest and least expensive solution. This is amazing that such a vital function for Final Cut Pro users has been invalidated by a so-called IMPROVED OS X and that it just snuck up on the professional video community that Apple pretends it supports and loves.

So, I had ordered a Mac G5 due to arrive in another week which is due to come configured with Snow Leopard. I see that it has 3 PCI Express slots available inside, by the marketing material, not by direct knowledge.

For those of you experienced with the 8-core Mac G5 purchased in the last year HOW DO I KEEP USING P2 CARDS FOR DIRECT TRANSFER TO A HARD DRIVE without falling back to using a much slower fire wire connection from the camera?

After all this pumping up the convenience of the P2 solid-state format how can a Mac OS X update suddenly derail the Number One way so many of us were able to transfer the data on our P2 cards to a MacPro laptop?

Once again, what am I going to need on the 8-core Mac G5 to do the highest speed file transfers to a hard drive directly from the P2 card?

Thanks for the most specifically helpful replies!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Snow Leopard invalidates Duel Adapter for P2
on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:32:08 pm

It's all on duel- their customer support and products have always been spotty at best...

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]